Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Looking for a good scenery for FSX to fly about?

Well.. I know there is a dearth of good addons for FSX. But I found one add on recently and have been enjoying it immensly.This is actually an FS9 addon but works pretty good and the quality does justice to FSX. There are FSX patches that comes with the package or you can download from their sites.1. LLH's Courchevel. This is a sloped runway 18degrees. http://www.llhinfo.com/Here are some You tube videos of the real thing.

But the vendor is in french.. and so you get no support whatsoever. I sent for help via e-mail, never heard back from them. I have some issues with FS9. FSX works fine. 2. FlightAlpes BasePack Nord - To compliment Courchevel airport is the amazing photoscenery of the French Alps...from France VFR. Its really really good. They also have a seperate autogens for this..but its not really required. The base package comes with autogens for many of the important locations.http://www.francevfr.com/This is again in french. They have a forum (a thread in English). I tried registering it..but not heard back from their admin on activating,Considering they are in EU, its a little pricey. But worth every penny IMO. Its an amazing experience flying here. I have not had so much fun since Aerosoft's Lukla.If you like the above, it can be complimented even further...but would run a few $$$.France VFR has South French Alps...as well as the French Riviera (This french riviera is not very good. Its so FS9.... The resolution is poor. IF you do get the French Riviera, then you can also get the Aerosoft's Monoco for FSXThere is also the freeware Italian Alps for FSX in the AVSIM Library that compliments the France VFR North.I looked at the Switzerland Pro..but the resolution doesn't look all that great (I could be wrong here) and it also doesn't have autogens..I think. But if you do get that...the scenery could now stretch even more to the north.With all of the above. Its a huge huge flying area of amazing mountains and airports.MannyPS: All of them also work with FS9. For FSX... IT would be even more awesome..if there were Geneva Airport scenery and Nice airport scenery.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Nils79

I'm very interested in that scenery, but will it work with XPack/SP2? Does anybody have experiences about using it after SP2?Thanks in advance!