Sign in to follow this  
lorentzyip

Some 3rd party airports can't be scanned

Hi, I was trying to scan all of my 3rd party airports in community folder. Somehow certain airport xml could not be generated (e.g. SamScene3D VMMC, WFSS VHHH). Then I tried to look at the log to find some clues. I found this in log0.txt:

++++++++++++++++++++++++ airports scan automatic starts +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
39202 airport names read from data\airports_msfs_names.txt
Official path: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official
Community path: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
===> search in add-on airport folder C:\Users\loren\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community aborted: No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page.
info\AirportsScanLog.txt written
Airports scan successful
-------------------------- airports scan ends    ----------------------------

Anyone knows if it really causes the problem and how to solve that? Thanks.

Edited by lorentzyip

Hi,

You can trace in info\AirportsScanLog.txt how far it got and then you know what (next) airport had the Unicode character problem.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lorentzyip said:

So the folders will be scanned by folder name in ascending order? Wil try again. Thank you so much kiek!

Yes, it scans the folders in ascending order, and  within the  folder pointing to top-down (in fact a recursive directory iterator).

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1