Sign in to follow this  
Guest sssummer

Traffic Sounds for FSX

Guest krswen

Anybody tried it yet? Is the improvement worth about $16?

Guest sssummer

I bought it and wish I could report something, but I cant seem to install it properly. The installer works (I believe), but there is a lot of manual work to do with the AI traffic, and I seem to be confused on the proper way to install because I cant hear any difference so it is obviously me doing something wrong. Kinda frustrated right now, I will report back if I can figure it out tomorrow.Brian S.

Guest sssummer

Okay, finally got it working. There was a problem with the sound cfg. file since my FSX is installed on the E. drive, but with a little modification, it works.I previously owned FSHotFX, which I really liked, but had to uninstall due to the conflict with Radar Contact. Personally, I liked the sounds better in FSHotFX, but with a little refining, maybe this product will get better. They promise free updates, not sure if that means they will tweak any of the sounds.I have only modified my smaller Airbus and Boeing jets so far, so I will only comment on those. I like the reverser sounds on landing. Well done. The take off sounds are a bit scratchy for my taste (a deeper, throatier sound would be better), but okay. The only thing that kinda bugs me is that when the aircraft reaches a certain point from your location, the sound abruptly cuts off. I don't know if its technically possible to have the sound fade away better. If your an AI nut like me, for $16 I think its a good buy. Hope this helpsBrian S.