Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilot2b

Editing Aircraft.cfg in Vista

Guest pilot2b

Hi,I just got FSX and am still trying to learn how to use it. I am trying to edit the aircraft.cfg file but I can't save it because it says file type not available and will only let me save it as a .txt file. Has anyone encountered this problem with Vista or am I just missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums 2b. To answer your question, yes I have had a problem saving files in Vista. Vista is way too security conscious, which may be a plus in the long run, but it takes a bit of getting used to.The solution is to right click on your .cfg file and select Properties from the menu. Click on the Security tab, and click on Users from the Group or user names. Hit the Edit button, and check the Full Control checkbox. This will let you save the file as a .cfg. You can also use this technique on folders, which is handy when you want to save files in a controlled folder.Good luck.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest pilot2b

Thanks for the tip. Worked just like u said it would. I'm really not happy with vista