Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Removing Sim Objects

How do you remove old object thumbnails of planes that have been disabled? How do you reset the entire directory so it does not show planes that have been disabled?Thanking you in AdvanceBonnie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How did you disable them?Here's how I organize my planesI created an FSXAircraft directory - I install addon planes hereI created an FSXSimObjectsFS9 directory - transferred MSFS default FS9 aircraft go hereBoth of these directories were added in the appropriate place in the FSX.cfg fileThe advantage of having an FSXAircraft directory is that now all FS9 style auto-installer airplanes should be able to be installed into FSX without any fuss.Then I created an FSXHangar directory. When I want to disable an aircraft, I move it's directory from wherever it is (likely FSXAircraft) into the FSXHangar directory. Since the directory is not listed as an aircraft directory in the FSX.cfg file, this should automatically disable this (entire) aircraft.If I want to disable a particular paint of an existing aircraft, I just remove its entry from the plane's aircraft.cfg file. Following this procedure should automatically remove the aircraft from your list of available aircraft (and help you keep your aircraft organized).Hope this helps. If you could be a little more explicit in your intentions and methods, it would be easier to help you if this didn't answer your question.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180