Sign in to follow this  
mhamlet49

PSXT wont recognize add-on airport

Hello,

I have a few third party airports that PSXT cannot recognize, but instead states that I am at the stock airport. As a result, the traffic doesn't park at stands/gates properly (askew, inside jetways etc). 

I have clicked the Airports button to force a scan but the log file shows the following:

"39202 airport names read from data\airports_msfs_names.txt
Official path: D:\MSFS\Official
Community path: D:\MSFS\Community
===> search in airport folder D:\MSFS\Community aborted: unknown error
info\AirportsScanLog.txt written
Airports scan successful"

Can you provide any assistance?

50 minutes ago, mhamlet49 said:

info\AirportsScanLog.txt written
Can you provide any assistance?

In the AirportsScanLog.txt you can see how far PSXT got in scanning the Community folder. Then you probably can find out which add-on airport causes problems.

PSXT scans top down.

7 minutes ago, kiek said:

In the AirportsScanLog.txt you can see how far PSXT got in scanning the Community folder. Then you probably can find out which add-on airport causes problems.

PSXT scans top down.

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. You say it scans top down but I see the top airport being shown at the bottom of the log, which is below the second airport in my community folder.

I saw this being referenced in another thread so I tried removing the last airport shown each time, I even tried clearing out the entire community folder and only adding in airports one by one, but nothing works. The only airports that do not show as stock are airports that were scanned in previous version of PSXT.

Thank you

1 hour ago, mhamlet49 said:

that were scanned in previous version of PSXT.

?  that cannot be

It only scans for add-on airports.  Before the scan starts it clears the addon_airports folder. In that folder you should find the addon-airports it has found sofar in a new scan....

Tip:

You can also use non-automatic scanning.  Uncheck Automatic and define afolderx parameters.

I have all my addon aiports outside the Community folder and use the AddonLInker, so it is very easy to set one parameter to  my addon airportrs.

However, you can also define up to 20 parameters each pointing to one airport in your Community folder, for instance:

afolder0=D:\MSFS\Community\AddonAirport1

afolder1=D:\MSFS\Community\AddonAirport2

afolder2=D:\MSFS\Community\AddonAirport3

and so on. 

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

None of my third party airports go to addon_airports folder. The only airports in the addon_airports folder seem to be the official airports such as KMCO or LFPG.

One of the many airports I am having issue with is RKSI. I see it in updated_airports but it shows as MSFS Stock Airport as the publisher in the xml document, yet an airport that is fine, such as LLBG is showing as an "MSFS add-on Aerosoft"

So I don't understand why PSXT is seeing RKSI, WSSS and many others as a Stock Airport, not a third party airport as they should be

Sorry I was not clear. The Asobo addon airports go to addon_airports. Third party addon airports go to thirdparty_airports...

>So I don't understand why PSXT is seeing RKSI, WSSS and many others as a Stock Airport, not a third party airport as they should be

Do you see them in thirdparty_airports? If not they were not recognised in the scan ... or the scan did not reach them because of the error you mentioned in your first post of this thread.

So try to find out which airport made PSXT to stop, or better, use the non_automatic scan.

Edited by kiek

12 hours ago, kiek said:

Sorry I was not clear. The Asobo addon airports go to addon_airports. Third party addon airports go to thirdparty_airports...

>So I don't understand why PSXT is seeing RKSI, WSSS and many others as a Stock Airport, not a third party airport as they should be

Do you see them in thirdparty_airports? If not they were not recognised in the scan ... or the scan did not reach them because of the error you mentioned in your first post of this thread.

So try to find out which airport made PSXT to stop, or better, use the non_automatic scan.

No, they do not appear in that folder.

How do I know which airport made PSXT stop? Is the airport causing the issue the last one to display in the log, or the first airport after that in the community folder?

Also, once I identify which airport is causing the issue, how would I rectify it? And why is it that PSXT cannot skip the airport causing an issue and continue to process the rest of the community folder?

or the first airport after that in the community folder?

Indeed.

Also, once I identify which airport is causing the issue, how would I rectify it?

By editing one if its files or by deleting it. Depends on what the problem is.

And why is it that PSXT cannot skip the airport causing an issue and continue to process the rest of the community folder?

That's a C++ issue, I will not go into details here.

BTW, why are you so reluctant to go for the non-automatic scan? It will solve your problems.

I have changed the C++ algorithm, ity will now skip the airport only, I guess, and continue.

Give it a try

Re-download 32.9.1

22 hours ago, kiek said:

I have changed the C++ algorithm, ity will now skip the airport only, I guess, and continue.

Give it a try

Re-download 32.9.1

Hello,

Just an update for you. I have downloaded this as you requested and I can confirm that my thirdparty folder is now generating files on the scan. I have 38 third party airports in my community folder, and the scan picks up 36 of them.

The two it skips are ZBAA (WF Scenery Studio) and RJBB (Technobrain). How can I fix those airports so PSXT can scan them successfully? 

The two it skips are ZBAA (WF Scenery Studio) and RJBB (Technobrain). How can I fix those airports so PSXT can scan them successfully? 

Is there any info in the info\AirportsScanLog.txt file about why?

Did you buy these in the Market Place? If so they are probably encrypted and cannot be read by PSXT.

23 minutes ago, kiek said:

Is there any info in the info\AirportsScanLog.txt file about why?

Did you buy these in the Market Place? If so they are probably encrypted and cannot be read by PSXT.

Funnily enough, using this new version, I don't seem to have an AirportsScanLog anymore. So I can't check. 

No, I did not buy them in Market Place. 

34 minutes ago, mhamlet49 said:

Funnily enough, using this new version, I don't seem to have an AirportsScanLog anymore. So I can't check. 

That is not true, look better 😉

In the info folder, after the scan.

Edited by kiek

1 minute ago, kiek said:

That is not true, look better 😉

In the info folder.

I know where it would be, because I was checking it before. But I definitely do not have one since going onto the latest version. I just double checked the folder, definitely nothing there.

I have only;

AddonAirportsLog

AirlineData

AirlineTypeConversions

InlineRegcodes

OfflineRegcodes

StockAirportsLog

Yes you have it, It is named AddonAirportsLog.txt....

Also check in your Log.txt about the error messages when it skipped these two airports.