Sign in to follow this  
NJFlyer606

Issue with zoom levels and Google Maps

I'm not sure if this issue is specific to Google Maps, but when I use my mouse wheel to adjust the zoom level, the map display doesn't properly auto adjust to the new zoom level, so the display will remain blurred.  However, if I use the zoom control on the right of the map display, the maps adjust as they should and all remains clear.  This only affects the maps data, not the LNM labels and data.  This issue started for me with one of the latest builds, but I'm not sure exactly which one.

2 hours ago, NJFlyer606 said:

I'm not sure if this issue is specific to Google Maps, but when I use my mouse wheel to adjust the zoom level, the map display doesn't properly auto adjust to the new zoom level, so the display will remain blurred.

This is a known issue appearing for a long time already. I already tried to adjust the zoom levels in the map DGML configuration but did not find a satisfying value.
You can try to use the Mercator projection (button Map). It's a bit better than spherical.

2 hours ago, NJFlyer606 said:

This only affects the maps data, not the LNM labels and data.

Yes, because these are different layers. The Google map is delivered as pre-rendered map image tiles and the rest like airports and navaids is drawn by LNM on top of this. See here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/MAPDISPLAY.html#layers

Alex