Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmilton

Mouse flying

Guest Bizub4

Has anyone tried to fly or land a plane using your mouse? Well I just did and to tell you the truth it wasn't that bad of a landing.

... never landed with a mouse before, but I do know an Aussie who once landed with a Kangaroo as co-pilot. . bounced all the way down the runway. . . :-bigangelpj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest cwright

For some inexplicable reason Microsoft dropped mouse as yoke control several FS versions back. I was pleased to see they had reinstated it in FSX. I often use the mouse for a short session when I haven't got the flight yoke on the desk.Mouse control is surprisingly accurate and probably more accurate than a joystick. It works extremely well.Best regards, Chris

Guest Redvan

yeah... mouse is really easy to fly with... too easy I'd say... I flew with my mouse in my months of being too lazy to reinstall my cougar lol. Back on the cougar now...

Guest jshyluk

For that matter, I find it easier to slew aircraft in mouse mode than joystick mode, for when I take screenshots. Flying with the mouse, however, limits the number of "HOTAS" buttons I have at my disposal, and makes clicking on VC guages a little more interesting than I would prefer.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest Redvan

hot key enable disable mouse yoke... then clicking in VC will be no problem :)

Guest tmilton

I use the mouse sometimes and surprisingly it is very accurate and even quite enjoyable. I'm glad ACES brought back the "mouse as yoke" option in FSX. Excellent move guys! :-beerchug