Sign in to follow this  
Kennon

Topo not displaying in 2.8.4beta

I installed 2.8.4Beta with the intent to replace my earlier version 2.6.19, but the beta won't display topo on the map like the earlier version does.  Can't find a setting that would turn this on or off.  Both programs are using the same ini file so it could be something needed in it.  I sent an email with screenshots of the problem since I don't see a way to add an image to this.

Please do not post *and* send me an email as indicated on the LNM contact page. This only causes additional work and confusion. Here is my answer in the email:

your first screenshot shows the OpenTopoMap and the second shot shows the OpenStreetMap without hillshading.
Change the map theme back to the OpenTopoMap using the dark blue globe icon on the toolbar or the view menu.
Sometimes I have to reset settings back to default when updating LNM. This is reason why LNM drops back to the OpenStreetMap.

I removed the hillshading from the OpenStreetMap a long time ago. Already long before 2.6.19. The reason is that an external service not under my control was discontinued and showed strange messages on the map as a result.

Hope this helps.

Alex