Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Getting AI Aircraft

Guest Dupo24

Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't seem to figure out how to add United, Delta, American, Canada Air, British Airways, Airtran, Southwest, etc. to my FSX installation. I put on my flame retardant pilot suit, so as to divert any type of "Dupo, you are an idiot" posts.:) Help!

Start with www.world-of-ai.com packages for many of those airlines.They are FS2004 packages, but will work acceptably in FSX.Visit these tutorials - while they talk about FS2002 and FS2004 - the basic skill set is the same as FSX. The only thing which changes the names of some airports.Traffic Tools is not fully compliant with FS2004 traffic file requirements, and certainly not FSX requirements - but does create workable traffic files.http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/ai4beg.htmhttp://www.john-goodwin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page4frame.htmlwww.projectai.com & www.evolveai.com are probably the best places currently to go into more depth on this subject - though there is a Traffic Tools Forum on this web site.

Guest Dupo24

What about Project AI, how would I do that. I used to have those in my FS9.I'm noobish here. Thanks for taking the time to answer my redundant questions.

I use PAI for many airlines on my system United, Delta, American, Canada Air, British Airways, Airtran, SouthwestDelta, American, BAW, Airtran, Southwest - WoACanada Air ?? Air Canada ?? - PAI has a package but it is old. United also. You also have the issue with some older series aircraft - B757 for one - being FS2002 flight dynamics so you have to update those.I would not hesitate to recommend you install the PAI United and Air Canada packages - remember you must have FS9 on your system for the PAI Installer to work.Also, always install PAI packages as individual airlines.But you are going to want to use Traffic Tools to decompile the UAL and ACA packages and update the schedules and repaints.