Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Groszewski

FSX Freezing on Startup

Guest R_Groszewski

Hello AllI had bought FSX several days after christmas, and installed it. Flew with it for a while, then FSX SP1 came out, and Installed that. Also used FSX for a while. But then I got busy with other stuff, and didn't use FSX for about 2 months. During that time, I had some problems with my ATI Raedon XPRESS 200M Integrated Intel (I run FSX on a notebook). I went to ATI's website, but every time I tried to download the driver update utility, It said a driver was not found for my piece of hardware. I went searching online, and Found out I could substitute a ATI Raedon X300 driver. That seemed to work out fine. (Remember, I haven't played FSX in 2 moths, so that might not be the prob) Anyways, I go to start up FSX, and It just sits there with the Splash Screen doing nothing. I uninstall it, reinstall it, and It does the scenery database thing, but it still justs sits there. I Un/Reinstall agian, this time, Defraging after Installation, and before running FSX. Crap, It still doesn't work after that. I am getting really tired of this, and All I want to do is just Fly in FSX. If you know of any suggestions, please E-mail me atgroszewski21 AT gmail DOT COM(Note, I wrote my e-mail that way to prevent spam bots from getting it)

>Hello All>>I had bought FSX several days after christmas, and installed>it. Flew with it for a while, then FSX SP1 came out, and>Installed that. Also used FSX for a while. But then I got busy>with other stuff, and didn't use FSX for about 2 months.>During that time, I had some problems with my ATI Raedon>XPRESS 200M Integrated Intel (I run FSX on a notebook). I went>to ATI's website, but every time I tried to download the>driver update utility, It said a driver was not found for my>piece of hardware. I went searching online, and Found out I>could substitute a ATI Raedon X300 driver. That seemed to work>out fine. (Remember, I haven't played FSX in 2 moths, so that>might not be the prob) Anyways, I go to start up FSX, and It>just sits there with the Splash Screen doing nothing. I>uninstall it, reinstall it, and It does the scenery database>thing, but it still justs sits there. I Un/Reinstall agian,>this time, Defraging after Installation, and before running>FSX. Crap, It still doesn't work after that. I am getting>really tired of this, and All I want to do is just Fly in FSX.>If you know of any suggestions, please E-mail me at>>groszewski21 AT gmail DOT COM>>(Note, I wrote my e-mail that way to prevent spam bots from>getting it)GO here they might be about to help you get your video card working correctly.http://forums.guru3d.com/

Guest R_Groszewski

THANK YOU!!!!! I finally got it up and working once more! Thanks for helping me on this