Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

gliders

Guest slydon

I thought there was at least 2 gliders default in fsx. I just went looking for one and realized I don't have ANY! Isn't there 2 included in the program?Don

Guest jshyluk

The DG-808-S Competition Sailplane is featured both in the DeLuxe and Regular versions of FSX. It's more fun than any sim glider has the right to be. There are, what? four paint jobs for the model, but just one glider. You should be able to read up on it in the Help guide. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest slydon

My point is that I don't have ANY gliders and I have the deluxe version. How can I get one? Do I have to do a reinstall?Don

Guest jshyluk

Try the Repair function, first. Make like you are going to re-install, but don't Uninstall FSX. You should get an option to Repair. If that doesn't work, then it looks like you are facing a reinstall.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest slydon

Apparantly no gliders have been made for fsx. What about fs9 gliders will any of them work? I could use one of them if it would work.Don

Don,I'm confused by your response. Jeff told you the name of the glider that is in FSX. It is the DG Flugzeugbau DG-808S. Look in your ...Microsoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanes directory for a directory called DG808S. This is the directory for the glider in FSX.The easiest way to find it is to go to Free Flight, choose the "Current Aircraft" "Change..." button. When the window pops up, you should see a pull down filter in the top right corner of the window. Pull this down and choose "Glider" and the DG-808S should be right there.BTW, yes, I haven't tried it myself, but the FS9 glider should work in FSX, too.Also, I haven't had good luck using the repair function. It doesn't always update files that have been changed by the user (which I think is by design). Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest slydon

Well I will say it one more time and then drop it. I have NO glider and NO glider choice on the dropdown. I am using the deluxe version so I believe I should have it. Anyway I know everybody is tired of hearing about it so as of now this thread is ended.

Guest RonB49

Yo Don,If you're still here, have you tried the Repair function as mentioned above? If your glider is missing, it is worth a try to get it back. It flys well and having yourself dragged aloft by the AI tow plane is a hoot!R-

Guest slydon

Okay thanks I guess I will try that. I have never tried it. I thought if you put the dvd in the slot that you had to install but I will try it Thanks

Guest jshyluk

I just thought of this: have you tried the FSX glider Missions? You select Missions for what you want to do, and there are a few that use the glider. There's one that will teach you how to fly the glider from launch to landing. If you select that Mission, then the glider will automatically load up. If you are missing the glider completely, then the Mission won't work, and you have a problem with FSX, and you must Repair or Reinstall. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest slydon

Good thinking. But I already did the repair and I now have my glider. Thanks again

Guest jshyluk

And you are going to want places to fly them. Personally, I think Lugano, Switzerland is an amazing place to stage some soaring!Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim