Sign in to follow this  
enon

Web Interface Suggestions

Hi,

I've been using LNM for a few months and think it's fantastic! When flying in VR I use the All In One Ingamepanels tablet which lets you use the LNM web interface. It works well enough for what you need to do while flying. I especially like the new changes to the web interface that are in the beta version. However there's a couple things I'd like to see improved and wanted to make some suggestions.

The below is what I normally see while I'm flying. These screenshots are viewing in flat-screen, but it looks the same in VR.

So I just wanted to mention the 4 orange arrows that let you scroll around the map are very pixelated and bad looking compared to the other icons, so it seems there's probably an image scaling issue somewhere or something.

I also wanted to ask if you would consider creating an alternate dark mode color scheme that can be used. This would be very nice for people like me in VR that might be flying in low light or night conditions. I can change the map to a dark color in the desktop app, but that doesn't change everything else.

Another issue I have is with the flight plan list. I can scroll through this list with a computer mouse, but I generally use a VR controller instead to manipulate everything in my cockpit, and this does not work at all to scroll. Would it be possible for you to add scroll up/down buttons or a scroll bar, which can be dragged or clicked? Otherwise it's more difficult to use longer flight plans.

Thanks again for your great program and your beta program that lets people give feedback. I wish I knew web coding so I could have a go at messing with this stuff and contribute myself.

hP8oMPh.png

0qERoze.png

12 hours ago, enon said:

So I just wanted to mention the 4 orange arrows that let you scroll around the map are very pixelated and bad looking compared to the other icons, so it seems there's probably an image scaling issue somewhere or something.

The orange arrows are already scalable images (SVG) which should not appear pixelated. No idea why this happens. Will check.

12 hours ago, enon said:

I also wanted to ask if you would consider creating an alternate dark mode color scheme that can be used. This would be very nice for people like me in VR that might be flying in low light or night conditions. I can change the map to a dark color in the desktop app, but that doesn't change everything else.

Make sense. I'll pass this over to the authorities as I'm not doing the web development (anymore).

12 hours ago, enon said:

Another issue I have is with the flight plan list. I can scroll through this list with a computer mouse, but I generally use a VR controller instead to manipulate everything in my cockpit, and this does not work at all to scroll. Would it be possible for you to add scroll up/down buttons or a scroll bar, which can be dragged or clicked? Otherwise it's more difficult to use longer flight plans.

You can try to disable a few of the large fields like "name" in the LNM flight plan table. The change is reflected in the web table. I have to see what can be done besides using a smaller font or maybe two lines per leg.

However, I cannot promise when these things can be fixed or changed.

Alex

I wouldn't look to hard into the pixelated orange arrows bit. This definitely doesn't happen when I open the web server in a browser instead of this tablet add-on. So there's something unique to that particular browser.

I'm also talking with the tablet's dev, as it seems whatever web browser its using is removing the scroll bars on the flight plan, which would be helpful for me and are normally there in any other browser the server is opened on.