Sign in to follow this  
husker_dingo

Missing airspaces AIRAC 2301

Hi all,

I have noticed some missing class E airspaces that are visible in Navigraph VFR desktop app map but not in Little Navmap (i.e. just around PADQ). The same E class airspace is not visible in Navigraph Low IFR desktop map.

image.png

Is there anyway to make it appear in Little Navmap? Thanks a lot.

Edited by husker_dingo
Pic attached

3 hours ago, husker_dingo said:

Is there anyway to make it appear in Little Navmap? Thanks a lot.

Thanks for reporting. I have to check what's going on there. I see only a class D here. Might be a bug in LNM or the data compiler.

2NVbcwg.png

Alex

Looked into the source data and the airspace is not there. No idea why there are sometimes differences in the electronic data. Gotta ask Navigraph.

Alex

Edit: I see Class E airspace around PANC. So it's unlikely a bug in LNM or the data compiler.

Edited by albar965

It is odd. At first I though LNM was taking the data from Navigraph IFR LOW maps data base (no idea if such data base exists though), but some Class E were showing and some other not. Should I report to Navigraph? I fly GA in VFR most of the time and I prefer planning on LNM

1 hour ago, husker_dingo said:

It is odd. At first I though LNM was taking the data from Navigraph IFR LOW maps data base (no idea if such data base exists though), but some Class E were showing and some other not. Should I report to Navigraph? I fly GA in VFR most of the time and I prefer planning on LNM

There is no difference between low, high and VFR maps in LNM or the source data.

It would be great if you could report this to Navigraph. Maybe post the link here so I can chime in if there are specific questions. I'd do this but currently too much going on here, sorry. 🙁

Alex

Mistery solved.

Stephen (Navigraph) just replied

"This type of airspace is included in a separate VFR dataset from Jeppesen. We are not exposing this to third parties, so that is why it only shows up in the VFR layer in the Charts app."

• Upvote 1