Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Cockpit sound broken in FSX? SP1?

I haven't seen this mentioned before so I wonder if it's something to do with my setup, but I find that often when I switch from VC (my default view) to spot view and then back again, the cockpit sound is often significantly different from what it was before I switched. My general impression is that after the switch it's more like what I'd expect to hear given what the plane is doing at the time. I also have the impression that the problem appeared (or possibly just got worse) after installing SP1, but I don't have the patience to uninstall the patch to try it out.The other night I had an extreme example of hearing the wrong sounds in the cockpit. I was flying the Learjet and apparently made a gross miscalculation in my initial fuel quantity, and ran out shortly after reaching cruise altitude at FL290. While watching N1, N2 and all the other readouts drift gracefully down to zero, I heard no change at all in the engine noise. When I switched to spot view everything was silent (not even wind noise unfortunately) but switching back to cockpit view brought the engine sound back.Is this a known problem? Are there any known workarounds?ColinP.S. In case anyone's wondering, I did manage to land the crippled jet at an airport 30nm away... :)

I'm having a problem with the AFG King Air in that after the plane is shut down and everything is turned off, there is still a jet whine sound in the outside view only (not inside the cockpit).I've tried leaving the plane in that state for over 2 hours and the sound is still there, so I don't think it is because the engine is still spinning down (unless it never spins down to zero).Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg