Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

"Converter for Flightplans from FS-Nav to iFLY-747-400" Please help.

A tool with this name was uploaded a couple of weeks back to the AVSIM file library by by Ingo Stoeckel - and I downloaded it as soon as I saw it. But has anyone got it to work? I'd be gratful for help, before I e-mail the author. The English is not 100% clear to me, but I think that I did it OK: I copied the ConvertPLN folder to the Fs2004/iFly/B747-400 folder; then edited the "convert_FSNav_iFly.cfg" file so that the path to my iFly flight plans folder is correct; then added the given lines to the FSUIPC.ini file, changing it to the correct target for the "Convert_FSNav_iFly.exe" file.When I load up FS9, then FS Navigator, there are no error messages pop up so the paths seems OK. Now I don't quite follow the instructions: In FSNav, I chose 'export' to FS2004, and name it EGLLKBOS, for instance. I save it as an .ini file in the iFly FLTPLAN folder (I don't understand "(export Flightplan to "Windows-INI") in the ReadMe file). My file EGLLKBOS.ini sits there, but nothing else happens. If I run the Convert .exe tool manually, I get first a message box with this:Pfad G:Flight Simulator 2004iFly747-400NavdataFLTPLANThen after a few seconds, this:G:Flight Simulator 2004iFly747-400NavdataFLTPLANEGLLKBOS.ini /G:Flight Simulator 2004iFly747-400NavdataFLTPLANEGLLKBOS.FLTPLANbut the ini file sits there and no FLTPLAN file appears. Restarting FS9 doesn't help things along at all...If anyone who has got this potentially really useful tool to work can advise here I would be very grateful!Many thanks,Martin

OK, I sorted this out, with the help of the author of the tool. My own fault (as I strongly suspected it would turn out to be!).M.

sorry, i now that this topic is 3 years old, but i have exactly the same problem and i was wondering if you could post the solution for the problem?please!;)

Sorry not to reply sooner. That post is very old now and I do not exactly recall what I did, but I am sure I can look at what I did and post back.Stupid of me not to have explained at the time - I usually do. A reply 'solved' with no details as to how is not very helpful, is it?! You still having problems? If yes, I'll investigate again and post back the solution, M.