Sign in to follow this  
SlabsFly

Aircraft title: performance file

Hi all

It would appear I took a bad shortcut somewhere in creating a performance file for the Beaver. Now, when I load a flight with the Beaver with this performance file, LNM comes up with a message that says:

User aircraft type "ATCCOM.ATC_NAME BEAVER.0.text" in simulator is not equal to type "DHC2" used in performance file. Load the matching aircraft performance file or adapt the field "Aircraft type" in the currently loaded file.

I used the ICAO designation DHC2 for the aircraft type and DHC-2 Beaver for the model. Does anybody know what I should be using? Also for future: where can I find the appropriate MSFS variable value to fix it?

Thanks all!

OK, I was able to get rid of the error by replacing the aircraft type value in LNM with ATCCOM.ATC_NAME BEAVER.0.text. But that is hokey: something wrong somewhere?

Looks like an issue with MSFS and the Beaver.

The text key in the Beaver's aircraft.cfg file is

atc_model ="TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME BEAVER.0.text"

The file .../Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Packages/Official/OneStore/fs-base/en-US.locPak contains

"ATCCOM.ATC_NAME DH BEAVER.0.text": "Beaver",

So it does not match. The "DH" is missing and LNM cannot find the real aircraft type from the translation files.

You can change the atc_model in the aircraft.cfg to match the translation file

atc_model ="TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME DH BEAVER.0.text"

to fix this.

You can also disable the warning in LNM in the aircraft menu "Warning for aircraft type mismatch" but LNM will still show the key instead of the real name.

Alex

More: Above fix with changing names won't work. Asobo decided to change the names and drops the prefix "TT:" which breaks LNM logic.🙄
Besides this there is no way to extract the real ICAO aircraft designator "DHC2" from MSFS.😞
Alex

Thanks for looking into this Alex. I was suspecting MSFS was doing something weird and wonderful. My kludge doesn't look that great but it works so good enough for me for now.

To me LNM is still the number 1 app to use with MSFS by far: a wonderful thing you have done for us simmers.

Alwyn