Sign in to follow this  
castle64

737 Sim Available

Hi,

About 10 years ago I started a project with Gene Buckle and Wayne to build a full scale 737 sim with a collimated display. Perhaps some may remember the extended discussion, pics, and videos of the project on other web sites.  Now the time has come to move and over the last few months thought how best to dispose of all the hardware and spare parts and have to decided to just give it all away on a first come first serve basis.  Here is a brief synopsis of the system.

The 737 cabin is pretty much a DIY mixture of hardware from FDS, OpenCockpits, and others and trips to aircraft bone yards.  The collimated mirror has an eight foot radius based on a design provided by Gene and Wayne that provides a 220x40 degree FOV.  Includes a roll of 120" width mylar of sufficient length for three possibly four reskins.  For anyone interested I'll throw in the three HD 1080 BenQ projectors.

Happy to answer any questions regard the sim on this forum. One concern I have is how to exchange personal contact info with forum members who might be interested.  I don't see an Avsim  app or tool to allow such private exchanges.  Any suggestions on how to maintain the privacy to facilitate contact?

John

Use PMs (Private Messages) to correspond back and forth!  It's the envelope up by your name in the upper right corner.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: