Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Cant start the engines

Guest ManDay

Cant manage to start the engines. In neither of the planes - the engines fire up but go down immediatly after. no change to keep em up. please help

Hello:Just a suggestion for what it might be worth.You don't say specifically what aircraft, so I assume you are talking about all of the defaults. I have had similar problems with some third party aircraft.Try this:Bring the default MSFS Baron up as your default aircraft (FSX startup). If the problem you describe appears, try starting by pressing keyboard keys "Ctrl" plus the "E" Key. If this works, save this as your default flight. Shutdown FSX and restart it. Your Baron should have the engines running at this point. You should also be able to shut the engines down, and restart them normally and I would imagine save your flight either with or without the engines running.With some third party aircraft, the normal startup procedure included that are specific to the bird have not worked for me. Following the above routine, I have then been able to start the engines with the keyboard keys mentioned above.I hope this is of some use, but if none of this applies, just ignore me. It has cured the problem you mention for me on some aircraft.Good luck:RTH

Guest ManDay

Hey man. I reset all my Controls to default and it works with Ctrl + E. Before I had tried it with "Ignit Engine #1...4" (bound to F1 - F4). If I correct Ctrl + E referrs to the "Autostart"-something by default.but what is the deal with the 'start a singe engine' commands? what are those good for. am I doing something wrong? probably forget to open the fuel vault or something?

Hello again:After a default startup, shut the engines down on the default Baron by closing the mixtures. Then put the mixtures back to full rich. Will the engines now start by turning your Mag switches to "start" and holding them there one at a time?Respectfully:RTH