Sign in to follow this  
Mike...

FS minimizes to desktop

Flying both FSX and FS9, a behaviour has cropped up that is driving me nuts. For no apparent reason, the sim will minimize to the taskbar, and I will be returned to the desktop. While annoying in FS9, it is beyond that in FSX, as the program has invariably crashed at that point - it is impossible to get back in, I have to ctrl-alt-delete and force quit it, to regain control of my system.Don't know why it is doing this - there is never another program running (although there are tasks running such as Zonealarm anti virus - which I suspect may have something to do with it).Is there a way to force FSX or FS9 to become 'modal' and NOT surrender control to any other process?WinXP SP2, Imac 2.8 Ghz

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Right-click your Zone Alarm system tray icon, go to Game Mode and click on Answer all alerts with deny (and leave the window open, although you can minimize it). That'll prevent ZAV's hourly (at the top of the hour) updates to cause the behavior you're describing. This problem is said to be fixed in build 7.0.408.000, but the issue is still there. 408 is good and stable though.From a fellow ZAV user. ;-)