Sign in to follow this  
th0rst3n

Some freeware addon airports/helipad do not show in LNV

Hi there,

there seem to be some sort of addon airports that seem to be ignored by LNM when reloading the scenery library. The ICAO code of these addons works perfectly in MSFS world map, so the addon itself ist obviously installed correctly.

One example for a freeware helipad that LNM seems to ignore is this one: https://de.flightsim.to/file/54546/helipad-spital-la-chaux-de-fonds But there are also some others, too.

In LNM there are no exclusions configured for folders that should not be loaded, also the path to the community folder is set correctly as most other addons l use load fine. As it is freeware there should also be no encryption problem.

Why do these airports/helipads not show in LNM?

best regards
Thorsten

Omen 15-dh1076ng - i7-10750H - 32GB - 512GB PCIe + 1TB HDD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q

Hi Thorsten,

thank you for the detailed report and the link. This helps a lot. 👍

This helped me to just fix a bug in LNM for the next 2.8.11 which excluded these helipads.

The reason is that MSFS includes airport structures for non-airports / non-helipads like the Buckingham Palace (with the fake ICAO BIKM), London bridges and many other. No idea why they Asobo is doing this.
I added a filter in LNM to get rid of this mess and this was a bit overzealous and caught the add-ons too. Fixed now.

I hope to have the update out in a week or so.

Alex

Thx for your quick answer to this. I'm looking forward to this update, but no need to hurry. 

If I'll discover other "real" airports that should be airports and not such mess like bridges etc., I'll link the addon here to help you fine tune this filter.

Edit: got one: https://de.flightsim.to/file/23656/flugplatz-montabaur

Edited by th0rst3n
  • Like 1

Omen 15-dh1076ng - i7-10750H - 32GB - 512GB PCIe + 1TB HDD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q