Sign in to follow this  
brucek

information about Ground Environment X not flight terrain X

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the link. Good information and great to hear that it will be available soon as they are in a beta stage. Below is the post in case anyone wants to see it without linking.*******************************Hi guys, I would like to make a bit of a clarification regarding Ground Environment X and Flight Terrain X and my sincere apologies for not making this clear much sooner:GEX is about to enter the beta stage. I am no longer associated with Peter Wilding and since I was the lead developer and creator of Ground Environment I will continue on that venture. The website for GEX is in the works and should be ready any day now, I will post when it's ready.GEX will be released in three editions: USA & CANADA, EUROPE & AFRICA, OCEANA & SOUTH AMERICA. Covering the entire globe. The cost per edition will be $34.95Every EDITION is COMPLETE and will feature:1. 1m/pixel 1024x1024 Textures.2. All Seasonal Variations.3. Accompanying Night textures. 4. Meticulously Aligned Autogen. I hope at least that covers your questions regarding the continuation of the GE legacy .Anthony Vos

"1m/pixel 1024x1024 textures"Anyone know what res the default fsx textures are? In some places they look ok, but man they look like crap in others.I'd deffinately appreciate some ultra high res ground texures.

FSX default is 1m/pixel also; but the problem is not the res, is how the textures look. GE for FS9 looked 1000% better even it was the same res as the default.

Does GEX compete with UTX? It seems as if some of the features in the post above are similar to those in UTX.Thanks, Bruce.