Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

How to change default views?

Guest zelmo

Greetings:I would like to permanently change the default camera views -- the ones that you cycle through using the "s" key (and a button on my joystick).The defaults seem to be cockpit, spot, tower, right wing. I don't want right wing, but instead I'd like top-down. I can I can open a new window with that view, but it's not persistant, and I hate the right-wing.Thanks,-zelmo-

Press the "A" key while in any given view to cycle through the sub views. When in the wing view there are others, such as behind, above, or in front of the aircraft. Also when in spot view there is fixed spot view, flyby, and top down. When in the cockpit there are other cockpit views too.

Z,The first thing to realize is that those rigid, locked, views of the aircraft are customized for each AC and are IN each default aircraft.cfg.Either delete them OR (better still) disable them from showing up in any button rotation by adding a last line "CycleHidden=Yes" to any camera definition for the view you don't want to show up. These views are then reachable ONLY through the right-click menu - forgotten, but not gone, you might say...Secondly, realize that the CATAGORIES that you cycle through with the "S" key is dependent on the catagory definition. If you hide or remove those Left/Right/Rear views, then the ONLY view left in the "Outside" catagory will be the top-down view and you will have just what you want.You will have to open each aircraft.cfg to edit, but the whole thing shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes. DO back those config files up though - please! You might change your mind later - OR change more than you intend...Loyd