Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

FSX Will Not Start..........Please Help

Guest MikeMiraglia

Greetings all,I finished a two hour flight in my P-51 and everything was working great. About an hour later I tried to restart FSX for another flight, and FSX will not start. It just hangs on the openening screen. I restarted my computer and even used system restore, but FSX still wouldn't start. I also let it try to build a new cfg file, but that didn't work either. I do not have any addons installed, nor have I touched any FSX file ever. Can someone please help? Thanks,-Mike,

You do not quite give enough info regarding "FSX will not start". It may be a different problem but I have had FSX not starting on several occasions where the culprit was a bad save flight file that FSX wouldn't load. This problem is easily fixed by going to the config file and changing the line SITUATION= to another saved flight file for example my current config file reads:SITUATION=D:My DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesMy Citation III could change it to another saved flight file such as:SITUATION=D:My DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesdefaultIt is a trivial task to try this out and check if that is your problem.Just a stab in the dark.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.