Sign in to follow this  
estreetah

PMDG 737 FMC locking up Sim

I know that possibly Navigraph and or PMDG may be where I need to turn but I'll throw this out there and see if anyone has any ideas.  Up until yesterday or so everything always worked fine.  Now when I try and enter a new flight plan in the FMC I enter my reference airport and then my originating airport and then my destination.  When I hit retrieve flight plan it will lock up everthing.  The mouse still  moves but nothing can be clicked on and my screen is locked on what I had been looking at.  No choice but to ctrl alt del to close it as not even escape button will work.  Any thoughts?  I have done some reinstall of navigraph and PMDG 737 but no luck.  Thanks.

Aaron Hunter

4 hours ago, estreetah said:

I know that possibly Navigraph and or PMDG may be where I need to turn but I'll throw this out there and see if anyone has any ideas.  Up until yesterday or so everything always worked fine.  Now when I try and enter a new flight plan in the FMC I enter my reference airport and then my originating airport and then my destination.  When I hit retrieve flight plan it will lock up everthing.  The mouse still  moves but nothing can be clicked on and my screen is locked on what I had been looking at.  No choice but to ctrl alt del to close it as not even escape button will work.  Any thoughts?  I have done some reinstall of navigraph and PMDG 737 but no luck.  Thanks.

Aaron Hunter

Well I never enter a reference airport since this is only necessary for manual IRS alignment, so you might want to try without.
Also I download the flightplan via entering the company route (both ICAO codes without a space betwen them, e.g. EDDFLFPG).
You might want to try that too.

However since you say this worked up until yesterday - and there was neither a PMDG nor a Navigraph update - it probably has to do with the airports you enter or with the route. Have you tried multiple different routes / airports?

Well I did what you said and was able to get thru without error.  Not sure if the other way will produce the error again but I will hope for the best.  Thank you.

• Like 1