Sign in to follow this  
adam77

How to install ANY addon to work in V6

Every addon I have placed in my v6 using the official original installer/Orbx Central/PMDG OPS Global Centre work and can be updated/managed in the future and does work.

The only difference is the brightness of the textures which can be managed by the tone mapping v6 provides at default. 

It doesnt look good for Orbx updating their products as when they were asked outright over on their forums, will Orbx Central be updated for v6?

Orbx replied with "We cant answer that question".

Aerosoft Airbus planes sadly have stopped working in V5 now when they used to work, let alone in v6 and QW787 is the ONLY plane for v5 that has issues in v6 where the displays do not display during the day, only at night time will they display. 

FsLabs planes sadly do not work either. So there is no Airbus planes at all in v6 it seems. 

Every other plane works fine as intended. As does airports and addons following a video tutorial I made over on my YT channel just now to show you how you an install using original installers. 

P3Dv6 | HOW TO INSTALL ADDONS SAFELY WORKING

IF YOU FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF THE ORBX DEVELOPER WHERE HE SHOWS HOW TO SHARE ADDONS FROM V5 USING THE XML FILES, YOU WONT BE ABLE TO MANAGE YOUR SCENERY LIBRARY IN THE FUTURE AND EVENTUALLY YOUR P3D WILL LOCK AND NOT LOAD. So why Orbx are advising this to everyone is very surprising to me for v6 users. 

Enjoy your v6 and have many happy, safe landings.