Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

Flyby view

Guest erzatz

I would like all of my aircraft to have the flyby view mode on by default. I would like it to replace the tower view mode. Presently, I have to manually change it via the menu and it replaces the spot plane view which I would like to keep when I cycle through the views.Thanks

Erzatz,I thought I knew cameras pretty well, but this one didn't behave like I expected... but there is a solution.To get where you want I edited the default Flyby camera definition in the Cameras.cfg (NOT the one in the FSX folder, but the active one in Applications DataFSX folder) to have a NEW catagory and title.Further, assigned it to hot-key 4 for quick access.-CameraDefinition.005-Title = MY_FlyBy <<---------- re-title here -----------Guid = {6B79DD49-9B4A-439D-BF40-ACBF157B0BA0}Description = This is the description of the fly by view.Origin = CenterxxCategory = Custom <<--------- re-name here ---------ClipMode = TowerHotKeySelect=4 <<------ (optional) make a preferred hot-key if you want -------http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/178942.jpgAlso "hid" the Tower view by adding the CycleHidden line to the tower camera definition (#7) so it wouldn't show up in rotation - still available in the menus. You can see an example of this used in the Multiplayer and AI Aircraft camera definitions at the bottom of the cameras.cfg fileThat should do it....Loyd