Sign in to follow this  
robb13

MSFS templated interactive panel for 2nd monitor

I've just had a quick look at the MSFS20 SDK documentation. I am wanting to overcome the MSFS limitations created by the sims inability to have more than one window display.. vs. having multiple windows where each can have its own display independent of the primary window (as was the case in FSX)  I have a 3 screen cockpit that was built for FSX.  One view forward (a projector display), one small 10" touch monitor mounted atop the yoke for PFD, and a small third monitor for MFD / LNM etc., along with all the other usual saitek panels. This all worked fine in FSX (other than having to always click back onto the primary screen after  using the 2nd or 3rd monitor.)

The MSFS20 SDK indicates that templated panels can be created for use as mouse interactive gauges, which is what I need. I would like to have a small rectangular panel that contains the basic knobs and buttons for the MFD ( HDG, ALT and Range in/out knob and 5 AP buttons as a minimum) , all interactive to MFD events and where the panel can be dragged (like the ATC window etc) onto the 10" monitor and positioned above or below the MFD pop-up panel.  My question is simply...  Can this type of gauge be created using the templated system and if so, can the end result then be dragged to a 2nd monitor or not, or is it restricted to being within the primary window.?

• Upvote 1