Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

I think ACES has the best "fair weather" sky.

I had the chance to play with X Graphics recently, and spent several hours trying all sorts of textures and themes, and I could not find anything that was as appealing to me as the defaults when in fair weather mode. It seemed everything was either very washed out, or very off color. I didn't even like the water textures as much as what ACES has provided. I mean they were different, though not srikingly better, and I just really seem to be drawn to the colors that ACES uses for both sky and water, as they are just so pleasing to my eyes. I don't know if they tap into the MS psychology team for thier color chioces, but I really like them.I will say the storms looked amazing with x graphics, better than default, but I mostly fly in fair weather with all the bright colors, so its default graphics for me! FEX looks really cool, and while I have not tried it, again there is just something about those little white puffy default clouds and blue sky that I like, but maybe its just me. Its not just FSX either, as I installed the Flight Environment Pro for FS9, and while I realy liked the technique to make autogen look more dense, I didn't like the sky or water at all. There have been several people here recently repeatedly expressing thier displeasure with the way FSX looks, but I have to say its one of the most visually pleasing games I have, though I do end to pick out the areas that look the best, and then spend my ime flying there. Its like a festival of colors! lol

I use FEX and ASX but FSX default looks good also and I agree with your sentiment. I just flew a couple GA flights in the Carenado Stationair north of Seattle and with the mountains, clouds, fog, water reflections... it was an open mouth couple of hours.