Sign in to follow this  
flilotUK

Instant Replay Bug

Having just completed a flight from Dublin (EIDW) to Los Angeles (KLAX), I wanted to do an instant replay of the approach and landing, so that I could add some more video clips using FRAPS, ready to compile a video of the flight in Windows Movie Maker later.However, the Instant Replay feature in FSX refused to play ball; using the up/down arrows beside the time length of the instant replay yeilded either a "1" and no further (using the down arrow), and negative numbers (not sure what number up to, using the up arrow). *Screenshot attachment provided.*I assume this is due to a corruption of the file that holds the data for the replay - does anyone know what this file is, and where on the PC drive it lives?I've had this happen to me twice now (both on long flights - the other was from London to Shanghai), and its annoying not being able to take video and/or screenshots of the landing after many hours in the air!Anybody else have this happen, and know what, if any, steps can be taken to prevent it?Thanks in advance.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179594.jpg

Guest fsxmissionguy

Carl,I'd bet that this long a flight was the cause of the problem. I'm not sure what the limitations are on instant replay, but I'd bet Dublin to LA exceeds it.

Replay has worked fine on such long flights in the past, as far as I remember. It's just recently started acting up.As far as I'm aware, the replay feature should just 'remember' the last so many seconds of a flight, so no matter how long the flight, the last period, up to a limit (30000 or so I recall), should be available for replay.After having worked out that 30000 seconds is roughtly 8.3 hours, and Dublin to LA is longer than that, you may be right though!

Guest Calb

The Flight Recorder & Instant Replay are broken -- it's a known issue.I suggest you get FS Recorder http://www.fs-recorder.net/ which is free and works very well. It does all the things the built in one is *supposed* to do and more. Moreover, the file it produces (if you record a flight) is somewhat smaller than the one produced by FS.Read the installation instruction *carefully*, especially if the auto installer doesn't work right (usually does).ADD: Don't let the "Beta" designation scare you off. It's not buggy. Matthias is continually working to improve it.Cal - CYXX