Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calb

do textures look worst with high alititude

Guest davewins

ok I flew from boston to denver (yeah I'm a sox fan) at 18500 feet and the textures seemed pretty good from that altitude. Especially the farmland over the midwest (which I believe is the best looking landclass in the game). I just flew Hartford to Tampa at 35000 feet and the textures seemed more blotchy if you will. I guess I was seeing more of the change in landclass possibly because of the higher altitude?? Also it seems like you can see more then you should see at 35000 feet. Example I was flying over central South Carolina and when I looked to the east I could see the ocean. I'm not really too sure you can see the ocean from 35000 when flying in central sc.

Guest tcable

My personal feeling is that draw distances are usually too great at altitude. It's rare that you get 50 miles ground visibility at altitude, while you can see it on the ground- assuming there is something 50 miles away to refer to. Nashua, NH comes to mind. they often used to report 50 miles when they could see the White Mountains form the tower.)There's a persistient layer of haze that usually makes ground visibility from the flight levels less than 30 miles.The last time I flew, one of teh legs was CVG-MCO. Over Lexington, KY (HYK VORTAC), I could just barely make out my parents' town which is 20 miles West of KLEX. That's pretty typical, but looks kinda lousy in the sim world :) Until haze is perfected, we'll have to live with it.Tim

>assuming there is something 50 miles away to refer to. Nashua,>NH comes to mind. they often used to report 50 miles when they>could see the White Mountains form the tower.)>>TimAnd that doesn't happen too often (that you can see Mt. Washington from Nashua). What always amazes me is that there are times the sky can look perfectly clear from the ground, but when you get up to 3000-5000 you can barely see the ground. Scary actually, to me anyway when I'm up there. Thank god for flight following, adds that extra level of security to me, knowing that if I get into trouble I've got somebody I can talk to. Perhaps not so professional, but, it helps me feel safe.I'll have to test it as I don't spend much time in the flight levels, but have you tried setting the visibility distance in the weather menus? Go to Weather/User defined and set the visibility to 30 or 40 mi and see if you like that better.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Calb

Aw c'mon guys........ everything looks worse at anything greater than 5000 ft AGL Cal - CYXX