Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

FSX sound probs.

hi All,can someone tell me if i'm missing something here? i have All sounds in FSX except ATC related sounds. no pilot, no controller, and no chatter between ATC & AI A/C pilots. i have even tried different pilot voices (pilot 1 male, pilot2 female etc...) and still no ATC sounds at all. Autotune Freq. is enabled. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks and happy flyin, fmC2D X6800Asus P5B Deluxe mobo w/latest BIOSX1950 XTX Cat 7.3'sSB X-Fi Fatal. Extreme Gamer WinXP SP2DX90c

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

you do switch to the appropriate frequency in each flight phase?which a/c are you using?

hi Marten,yes i do switch to the correct freq. i can select show "ATC text" in the game settings and can see the ATC commands to me and AI A/C in the ATC window. i just can't "hear" them. i have tried different sound card settings and different FSX A/C and still get the same results. could the ATC related .wav files be missing somehow? i've used FSX very little since installation til now. and, never used ATC when i did fire up FSX. just closed the window when it popped up. i was really just testing the performance of FSX during that time. i was doing a flight in the PMDG 747 yesterday. that's when i noticed that i had no ATC related sound at all. all PMDG 747 related sounds are working fine as well. just for the record i'm not an FS newbie. i've been using FS since FS98. thanks for the help. happy flyin, fm