Sign in to follow this  
cadetski

Real World UTC for Next Waypoint in the Progress Tab

Hello,

If there were a real world UTC time info for the "next waypoint" in the progress tab of the flight plan, that would make things much easier for oceanic crossings in Vatsim :)

There is already current UTC info. All I'm kindly asking is to add the same info for the next waypoint!

Thanks for this beloved; free and great product @albar965 !

Well I`m mostly flying virtual airline flights which have specific departure times. That`s why 😕

I always have to change my sim time accordingly...

2 hours ago, cadetski said:

Well I`m mostly flying virtual airline flights which have specific departure times. That`s why 😕

I've always thought that in online flying on networks like IVAO, VATSIM  ("as real as it gets") is used the Real World UTC time ... 😛

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

7 hours ago, ppgas said:

I've always thought that in online flying on networks like IVAO, VATSIM  ("as real as it gets") is used the Real World UTC time ... 😛

Well that`s exactly my point! You have to deliver your position reports to the ATC in real time but that doesn`t necessarily mean you will use real time in your simulator. 

3 hours ago, cadetski said:

Well that`s exactly my point! You have to deliver your position reports to the ATC in real time but that doesn`t necessarily mean you will use real time in your simulator. 

OK. So I haven't found any problems in your situation 🙂

The waypoints during "crossing the pond" are always reported after passing them.
When you are passing given waypoint the LNM change the leg to the next waypoint - so you can report time of passing given waypoint taking time from your personal watch and ETA to the next waypoint taking ETA time from LNM window.
Simple and ease to use method.

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

22 minutes ago, ppgas said:

OK. So I haven't found any problems in your situation 🙂

The waypoints during "crossing the pond" are always reported after passing them.
When you are passing given waypoint the LNM change the leg to the next waypoint - so you can report time of passing given waypoint taking time from your personal watch and ETA to the next waypoint taking ETA time from LNM window.
Simple and ease to use method.

Regards,
Piotr

I hear you but it’s not much of a difference really from doing the same calculation from the FMC values. The calculation is not the point here. I’m just pointing out to the fact that there's a much simpler and rather accurate way of doing that. It's up to @albar965 now 🙂

Regards

Edited by cadetski

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

Sorry but not for the 3.0 beta. Maybe in a later version.🤷‍♂️

Alex

No problem at all! Can't wait for the new version.

All the best!

• Like 1