Sign in to follow this  

I recently got round to upgrading from 2.6.x to 2.8.12. After installing the google maps themes, I unfortunately have an issue with duplicate themes. Every time I start the app, I get the error msg below.
It's not actually causing any issues beyond this but is a bit annoying. Anyone know how to resolve? I suspect it may be related to having installed 2.8 over the top of 2.6 - I didn't think this would cause any issues.

In the actual themes directory (within the "data" folder) there are no duplicate files visible. 

Thanks!

spacer.png

It looks like you have a copy of stock map themes in the user defined installation folder in options on page "Cache and Files".
Or you wrongly put the old default folder ".../data/maps/earth" into options on page "Cache and Files".

You can clear the folder in options to get rid of the duplicates:
grafik.png

If this does not help remove the installation folder and reinstall to get rid of the needless clutter.

Alex

Thanks for the quick reply.

So the stock themes shouldn't actually be in the user-defined folder? Or is the issue that the user-defined folder path should not be pointing at .../data/maps/earth? 

I didn't manually put the stock themes there, this is simply how it was in 2.6 and I guess it stayed that way. 

So I should simply delete the stock themes from the .../data/maps/earth folder, since they're now stored somewhere else? And only leave my custom themes (Google) there? 

Or change the user-define path to another directory? 

13 hours ago, bears_are_cool said:

So the stock themes shouldn't actually be in the user-defined folder?

No. Do not install these anywhere. The come with LNM.

Or is the issue that the user-defined folder path should not be pointing at .../data/maps/earth? 

If so, yes, this is the problem. Point it to any other folder where you can put additional themes.

Looks like I can do some error checking there. 3.0.X already has better error messages and tells you the paths of the duplicates. Will do.

So I should simply delete the stock themes from the .../data/maps/earth folder, since they're now stored somewhere else? And only leave my custom themes (Google) there? 

No. Don't do that. Remove them from the other path but not ".../data/maps/earth".

Or change the user-define path to another directory? 

You can clear the input field or change it to any other folder but do not enter ".../data/maps/earth".

Alex

OK, thanks. But as I mentioned, I didn't manually install any stock themes. This whole thing must be the effect of installing 2.8 over 2.6.guess I should have uninstalled 2.6 first?

I'll see if I can get it cleaned up without reinstall later. 

PS: I changed the custom folder to a new folder that I copied the gmaps themes too. That solved the problem.

Thanks again for your help and thanks so much for creating this epic piece of software, especially for free!! Unbelievable.

Grüße aus dem Süden!