Sign in to follow this  

Lusitania

Lusitania was an ancient Iberian Roman province comprising part of modern Portugal (south of the Douro River) and a large portion of western Spain (the present Extremadura and Province of Salamanca). Romans named the region after the Lusitanians, an Indo-European tribe inhabiting the lands.

The route starts in Cordoba (LEBA) with a brief circuit of the city, taking in the Mosque and Roman Bridge, before proceeding to Savile’s San Pablo (LEZL).  After a brief arial sightseeing tour of the city landmarks we proceed west, leaving Spain and entering Portugal when we cross the Guadiana River.

Our next landing is at Faro’s Algarve International (LPFR).  The route continues westward to Aerodromo De Portimao (LPPM) before turning north.  We zig then zag northward with several landings until we reach Lisbon (LPPT) and more city landmarks sightseeing.  Departing Lisbon, we head to the popular seaside resort of Cascais then to the Castles of Sintra and regroup at Sintra AB (LPST).

Continuing north to the Atlantic coast we stop at Aerodromo Santa Cruz (LPSC) before proceeding 18nm out into the Atlantic to see the Fort of São João Baptista das Berlengas, then head back to the coast to the big wave surfing site of Nazare, and then on to the university city of Coimbra (LPCO) where we will conclude the first phase of our tour of Atlantic Iberia. 

spacer.png

The route is 480nm and you will want an aircraft that can cruise at better than 200knts.  I plan on flying the newly released SWS Pilatus PC-12 (with entertaining landings a real possibility).   As always you are free to fly what you wish.

I have included the scattered clouds weather theme I will using in the flightplan zip.

Flight Plan HERE

Optional Scenery

Recommend Departure time of 2:00PM local

Particulars:

•           Date and time: Wednesday January 10, 19:00 UTC
  •           RTWR Multiplayer Discord Channel
  •           MFS Multiplayer: US Eastcoast Server

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Like 2

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Here are a few extra sceneries for the Lusitania trip. Eye-candy addicts stuff.

Cordoba [LEBA]. AirHispania. 2.9 MB
  Cordoba requires this library (you may already have this):
AirHispania Libraries. 103 MB
Santa Cruz [LPSC]. SimEdge. 352 MB
  (Detailed little airport, maybe more than you want.)

Coimbra Less Trees [LPCO]. Maise. 1.2 MB
  (Useful lumberjack work.)

These may not be desired. Or they may be too large to download. A matter of taste.

• Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, MM said:

Here are a few extra sceneries for the Lusitania trip. Eye-candy addicts stuff.

Cordoba [LEBA]. AirHispania. 2.9 MB
  Cordoba requires this library (you may already have this):
AirHispania Libraries. 103 MB
Santa Cruz [LPSC]. SimEdge. 352 MB
  (Detailed little airport, maybe more than you want.)

Coimbra Less Trees [LPCO]. Maise. 1.2 MB
  (Useful lumberjack work.)

These may not be desired. Or they may be too large to download. A matter of taste.

I missed LEBA and it looks good.   I had already downloaded LPSC and it is a big improvement over the default, I just forgot to add it to the recommended scenery.   Also endorse the lumber jacking effort at LPCO.

Thanks for checking my homework Mike 😎

• Like 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png