Sign in to follow this  
Jumbojeff1

"Max fit" doesn't search back fully

Hi Nico, I noticed that the "Max fit" feature doesn't go back the full 47 half hours when parking static aircraft. For instance, if the current day and hour is day="7" and hh="0," PSXT doesn't go back to day="6" to search for more parking assignments. This has led to some of my airports being quite empty around UTC 0:00, and as the day progresses, traffic slowly starts accumulating. Would it be possible to check on this? Thanks!

6 hours ago, Jumbojeff1 said:

Hi Nico, I noticed that the "Max fit" feature doesn't go back the full 47 half hours when parking static aircraft. For instance, if the current day and hour is day="7" and hh="0," PSXT doesn't go back to day="6" to search for more parking assignments. This has led to some of my airports being quite empty around UTC 0:00, and as the day progresses, traffic slowly starts accumulating. Would it be possible to check on this? Thanks!

Are you sure? I'll check it.

Edited by kiek

This is the scenario where I've observed it happening: I have a custom learned file for an airport that has poor coverage both real and soft in the archive (i.e. ZSPD with Qf 7/9). If I set my PC clock to an hour or so after UTC 0:00, very few planes are spawned at the gates. However, setting the clock to an hour or so before UTC 0:00 leads to many planes being spawned. I have "Max fit" set to 47, and I've verified there are plentiful parking options for the day before. Not sure if this is just specific to custom learned airport files?

1 hour ago, Jumbojeff1 said:

This is the scenario where I've observed it happening: I have a custom learned file for an airport that has poor coverage both real and soft in the archive (i.e. ZSPD with Qf 7/9). If I set my PC clock to an hour or so after UTC 0:00, very few planes are spawned at the gates. However, setting the clock to an hour or so before UTC 0:00 leads to many planes being spawned. I have "Max fit" set to 47, and I've verified there are plentiful parking options for the day before. Not sure if this is just specific to custom learned airport files?

You were right, there was a bug. Now fixed, I think. Re-download 5.7.1

• Like 1