Sign in to follow this  
supercoup

VoxAtc 7.43 PTT Delay

Ive seen some postings here about a delayed push to talk in VoxAtc. It does happen. I fly in a regular walk in, sit down simulator that mimmicks a Boeing 737-800. This may sound a little dated but I still run FSX cause I can undock all my instruments and spread them out where I want them. Anyway, back to Voxatc. I installed Voxatc, FS2Crew and a bunch of other stuff. I have installed in the main FS computer a sound blaster Recon Tactic 3D sound card and the headset that goes with it. Its about 10 years old. I tried updating the driver for it and they just dont update the card any longer, its too old. So I used the last driver they had to offer. As soon as I installed it, some of the voices that were missing from FS2Crew suddenly appeared but so did the DELAY IN VOXATC PTT. I removed the driver and just used the window driver an Vox got back to normal but I lost a certain part of FS2Crew. SO, if your having a problem with Voxatc and "push to talk" I can assure you its either your sound card or the driver. Old drivers not made for new operating systems systems tend to corrupt the Windows registry. Luckily, I had a restore point to go back to when all was working well. Graphics drivers have been known to play funny tricks with the registry too. If your components are old, even though they say that the driver is compatable with the newer operating systems and may very well be, the components are not, especially when run on their dedicated drivers. Here's what I did. Instead of buying a new soundcard, cause I dont know if the drivers will be any better than the one I cant use, I enabled the onboard sound and Im using that for all the sounds of FSX, FS2Crew and other programs I use. I left the Sound Blaster card in the PCIe slot and use it for VOXATC, with the "windows" driver, not sound blasters. Now Vox works flawlessly. No delayed PTT, no crashes, no miss communication etc. and the onboard sound with FS2Crew? I hear things now I never heard before. Boarding sounds, flight attendants, fuelers. It opened up a whole new world. Moral of the story? Watch what drivers you install into windows. They attach themselves to the registry and sometimes corrupt it. That makes an operating system very unstable. There are many drivers that were made for windows 7 that they say are compatable with windows 10, they might work but they're not "as" compatable as they should be. Better if they were made for windows 10. Just in case somebodies still suffering with the problem, like me. Hope yo find this helpfull.