Sign in to follow this  
Ed Gilbert

Microsoft FFB Sidewinder 2 ghost

Hello

I'm hoping someone can offer a solution to my issue.

Details: P3D v4.5, W10, SPAD.neXt, FSUIPC6

I have been using a Microsoft FFB Sidewinder 2 for over 5 years with great success.  I have modified mine to fit into a custom base for my P-51 cockpit. To do this I disconnected and removed the circuit board, buttons and slider that were on the base leaving the stick CB and FFB motors.

A few days ago when I got in P3D I realized the VC throttle was moving forward and back as I moved the stick in those direction. It's impossible to fly the plane. Through a process of elimination I found that the Sidewinder Slider control is moving with the stick. I confirmed this when I calibrated the stick in W!0 and saw that the slider moving with the stick. This is interesting since the slider was on a separate circuit board with buttons on the base and is no longer connected.

I have removed all throttle settings in FSUIPC, P3D, SPAD.neXt and the A2A Configurator panel.  I mostly fly A2A planes but the throttle creep also happens when I try the P3D default J-3. I have not tried a different stick.

I have a ghost!

Any suggestions on how to remove this ghost will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Ed

I've been using the FFB stick for a couple of years as a nosewheel tiller. I disabled all FFB axes and buttons I don't use, in the P3D controls menu. I sometimes get stick movement, but it doesn't affect anything in the sim. I would make sure your FFB throttle control is disabled. I also disabled FFB in P3D.

Pete Locascio

Hi tamba765, here is an update

I had cleared all axes settings in P3D long ago since I assign and calibrate all of my axes in FSUIPC6 or SPAD.neXt.  I did check again to make sure there were no changes.  I did not disable FFB in the sim since I want that on the stick but I did uncheck "Use Controllers" in P3D and that stopped the unwanted throttle movement. 🤷‍♂️

I still stumped because "Use Controllers" had been checked in P3D for YEARS with no issues until a few days ago.  But now I have another solution in my notebook.

Thank you for the help!!  I can now fly again with no inadvertent throttle issues.

Take care

Ed