Sign in to follow this  
beechcaptain

Problem With FlightBeam KIAD - need help

I am trying to use KIAD in P3Dv5.4 and everything is working except there are the big red X's placed by SODE at certain gates.  Example, gate B78 is missing the jetway and has a red X in the spot.  I have researched and made sure SODE manager validates P3Dv5 path and everything is in the green.  I have not had any success with google searches.  I have found the potential issue(s) - the Flightbeam_KIAD.xml is missing a lot of gates that are in the stock afcad bgl file.  For example, gate B78 - there is no entry in the xml file and this spot has the red x.  There are quite a few red X at KIAD when parked and viewing the terminals.  

Does anyone have any updated afcad and or xml files for FB KIAD that solves this issue.  If not, I guess I will have to spend a lot of time gathering the specific lat/lon data and all that the xml requires for each spot, or remove those spots from the afcad via ade, if I want to use the airport.  Too bad Flightbeam took down their forum.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Update.  I found some previous notes I had written about one cause for red X being associated with VDGS issues so I renamed the VKT_KIAD_VDGS.xml to VKT_KIAD_VDGS.off and the red x's are gone.  That problem solved.  I will simply use a GSX provided marshaller.  However, there is still the issue with some parking spots not having gates/jetways.  I used GSX to add a jetway at spot B78.  All of the original gates are listed as SODE jetways in the GSX app window.  The one I placed for B78 is a GSX gate/jetway.  I can easily add missing gates using GSX, so with a little work, everything should be ok and look better.

I'm still open to any input and/or updated AFCAD bgl/SODE xml files if available.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg