Sign in to follow this  
willnosm

At certain zoom level , user aircraft trail is not showing

All features are hidden above a certain zoom level but the trail disappears last.
What monitor resolution is this?

Thanks for info it suppose to disappear last. Tried on 1080p monitor, also notice easily missing in VR at zoom level larger than 14 (LNM from webserver) not sure because of what reason (canvas size?)

BTW: Also check you detail level in menu "Map". Click "Default Map Detail". A lower detail level lets features disappear early.

At map level where trail disappear, changing to "Default Map Detail" or "More Map Detail" or "Less Map Detail" will not let the trail show again.

The trail itself is very long around 1300km (Beijing to Harbin), other shorter trail doesn't show the same behavior at that same zoom level, there is no indicator which zoom level i am at, but it seem 7 from minimum.

I am importing it from google map direction into GPX format, then append as aircraft trail to guide me as I fly, but found out when i zoom in it just disappear.

Keep up the good work on Little Navmap.

Thanks. Got it. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it so far.

This is the highest zoom (3600 NM) where the trail is still visible. Detail level is normal.

Below is from Linux, my development platform. I'll also check on Windows with different font sizes and font scaling.

grafik.png

Alex

All the same. Tried on Windows 11 with scaled fonts 100%, 125% and 150%, high DPI on/off and whatnot.It disappears earlier if the map window is bigger but still visible at high level. You can send me an issue report (https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/latest/en/ISSUEREPORT.html) and I can try to reproduce it with your settings. It should not disappear that early.

grafik.png

Alex

Hello, I have same issue!

When the scale is distant, the trail of the aircraft is shown. If I zoom in on the map, the path disappears. Although the program understands that the trail is present (screenshot 2). What recommendations can there be?

https://imgur.com/a/8b17xEI

2 hours ago, wooteed said:

When the scale is distant, the trail of the aircraft is shown. If I zoom in on the map, the path disappears. Although the program understands that the trail is present (screenshot 2). What recommendations can there be?

Can you send me your trail? Export it as a GPX from menu "File" and send it to me: https://albar965.github.io/contact.html
Maybe LNM has a bug in the display code. I tried to reproduce this here, but to no avail.

I can only recommend not to collect such huge trails. This can really affect performance. I usually keep only the last one, if at all, and look at a recent flown trail in the logbook if needed.

Alex

On 4/30/2024 at 10:09 AM, wooteed said:

Hello Alex. The email has been sent

Ok. I can reproduce it. The trail is really huge and slows down LNM a lot. Even more when using the color gradient trail. That's why I have the automatic clean up and point limit in options.

But there is definitely a display bug. Looking at Europe it shows but scrolling a bit to the west it disappears.
Will try to fix for the next 3.0.6.

Alex

1 hour ago, wooteed said:

It looks like a stress test 😄 thank you

Certainly is.🙃 Maybe I can optimize the drawing a bit. Maybe.

Alex