Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

Re: Ultimate Terrain x and Ultimate Environment x and Fs Genesis x for FSX

I have been reading post about these three products and most folks seem to really like them and how they improve FSX.My question is this....Is each one bundled or do you need to buy for each region/area?ThanksErnest

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ernest,I assume that you mean Flight Environment X, not Ultimate Environment X. FEX has global coverage as it substitutes default cloud, sky and water textures.Ultimate Terrain X are separate products: UTX USA and UTX Canada. UTX Europe is under construction. As far as I know they are sold as separate products. Have a look at http://www.flight1.com/ Maybe the have some bundled offer for the USA and Canada releases.FS Genesis has a bundled offer. Have a look at http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchan...&Store_Code=FSGAnd when your'e investigating the offers I would recommend you to also have a look at Ground Environment X, also distributed by Flight1.In brief:* FEX improves skies, clouds and water.* UTX gives you more accurate coastlines, roads and railroads. Also improves the layout of cities (landclass).* FS Genesis gives a better contour of the landscape (mesh). They also provide a good landclass for USA.* GEX improves the ground textures for USA and Canada.To me, UTX and GEX are the most important ones, followed very close by FEX.Ulf B :-)Core2Duo X6800, 4GB RAM, BFG 8800GTXCreative SB X-Fi (Gamer mode)Vista 32, FSX Acc/SP2

Thank you.UTX and GEX seem to be the most sought after ones.Once I make the jump over to vista 64bit and get acceleration installed, those two items will be next.Thanks for taking the time to reply.Ernest