Sign in to follow this  

Hi all, pretty close to picking out MFG crosswinds to replace a very old and set of Saitek Cessna rudder pedals. From what I've read, I want the damper kit and then need to make up my mind between having feet on the pedals (default Me109s) or feet on the floor. I'm going to sidestep the conundrum by ordering a 2-pack of pedals. Question is, they have an 'Airbus' footrest and I cannot really find anyone that has bought them and commented. Anyone? I suppose for me I will pick up the 109s, then add either the combat pedal or the Airbus one. I'm mostly a tube flier but expect to branch out much further to fly my GA and helis with these much improved new pedals.

Dave Hyde

crap_landing_dave

These MFG Crosswinds are great, but even though I purchased the damper kit and some extra pedals I cannot recommend these extra's.

Having your feet on the floor might be authentic but it is not very comfortable when you are using a desk chair I found out. In an aircraft you are usually sitting lower to the cockpit floor so if you have a racing chair or simpit than those heels-on-the-floor pedals might be beter suited.

As for the damper kit, perhaps usefull when you are flying helicopters. I have the damper on its lowest setting where it is least noticable and for a reason; The rudders won't return to center position otherwise unless you use strong springs.

But the MFG Crosswind pedals themselves are great. They are very accurate smooth. I have mounted them on a piece of MDF, with rubber pads on the bottom to prevent them from sliding on the floor. Without the MDF they will easily topple over.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

This is very helpful advice, thanks for replying. I'm kind of half-way between a low position and standard desk, as I have the warthog mounted just underneath desk level. Looks like nobody has really tried these Airbus pedals so I might need to make myself useful and buy/review them! But I will also order the 109s for the reason you mentioned.

Dave Hyde

crap_landing_dave