Sign in to follow this  
Guest cimanera

Need a some help with missing roads in FSX

I just finished trying acceleration and was getting freezes for no reason so I uninstalled it. Now I am have a problem with FSX. I have no roads!! traffic is there, but no roads. I think I heard somewhere that the FSX roads are determined by a .cfg file, which one, I'm not sure. Can anyone suggest a fix other than a reinstall/repair since FSX is not allowing me to do ether of these. I think the uninstall of accelerations has messed up something in the registry.Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,well, missing roads could be either due to missing road data, missing road textures, or missing entries in the config file that matches road data and textures. Since you're seeing road traffic it's probably not an issue with the road data; the data share the same bgl files.Assuming the road textures in SceneryWorldtexture didn't get corrupted the issue might be with the cfg file, which happens to be the terrain.cfg file in your main FSX directory.Then again, given that both Acceleration and the FSX SP1 install a clean version of the terrain.cfg file it's unlikely that that's the problem. More likely, an add-on's custom entries to the terrain.cfg got kicked out of the terrain.cfg file.Are you using Ultimate Terrain or some other road add-on product? If yes you should run the UT configurator or repair or re-install the product(s) to re-initiate the custom entries in the terrain.cfg.Cheers, Holger

I have to agree with Holger here: If you suddenly see that fundamental parts of the simulation are "missing" then a third-party developer is likely the culprit.At that point, you should perform a repair operation to get the sim back to what it was when you installed it, and then go from there.

Guys, Thanks much for taking to time to answer my question. I got me issue resolved. Holger, you hit it right on the head. I reinstalled UT and all my roads are back!Thanks again to all.