Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icestorm1998

Uninstalling SP2 :(

Guest byoung

Just have had too many lockups! and CTDs. It has made FSX unusable. Can I just uninstall SP2 from the Windows XP control panel? Does anything manually have to be done?Update,Uninstalled! Have a Happy Holiday!Thanks!Barry

Hi Barry,I was still having problems with CTD's and lockups after uninstalling Acceleration SP2 and you may not have encountered any problems and hopefully you will not. Everything was back to normal after I reinstalled DX9.0c and after I deleted and rebuilt my FSX.cfgI figure that you have an NVIDIA card and I hope they come up with a solution soon.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Icestorm1998

I too have had problems with lockups since installing the accelerator addon and am trying to figure out how to remove all of what this addon did. It also messed up a couple of other programs (that I'm aware of) in which I now get a prism 3d error when launching them. I also have an Nvidia card (7900GS) in which I've tried upgrading the driver to no avail. I even went back to my original outdated driver to see if that will fix the problem..it didn't. It certainly does appear to be an Nvidia issue in which I too hope they are listening and will fix this problem. I'm going to remove the accelerator program (again) and re-install my directX 9.0c and hopes that I can get back up into the air. If that doesn't work, then I'm going to have to re-install the OS back on my machine (not happy about it) in order to get rid of these problems. The "not flying" withdrawals symptoms are bad!