Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomyokota

Pitch and power in turn

Guest tomyokota

I have a FS2004.What I don't like FS2004 is that duaring turn I need too much pitch and power compare with actual.For example if I fly PMDG 737-800 with 5degrees pitch in straight andlevel,I need 7.5 or 8degrees pitch and lots of add power in 30 degrees bank level turn.This is too much compare with the actual 737 airline simulator,I need only 5.5 degrees or 6 degrees pitch duaring 30 degrees bank level turn.I tried many addon and finaly found out this is FS2004's nature.I want to know how about in FSX.If this problem is corected I will buy the FSX.RegardsTomyokota:-wave

I think this problem needs to be corrected in the aircraft files... so it's not really FS-related, but PMDG-related, even though many addons have this problem. Stuff like this is controlled by aircraft config files, and they are made by those who made the addon, not by Aces.

Guest tomyokota

Dear J van EThank you very much answering my question.Do you know how to cnfigure aircraft file or do you know sombody who knows how to rewrite a aircraft.config.Brcause I asked PMDG support and they replied this is not their fault but may be original fs2004 fault.I will ask them again thank you.So.I think this things also happen in fsx if third party don't correct the problem.Is this right?Regards

Modeling flight is an art. There are so many forces that need to be simulated and balanced, plus there are so many approximations that are made to get it to run on the computer in the first place, it's extremely hard to get anything "perfect". As you'll notice there aren't many really good aircraft designers out there who understand all the nuances involved.PMDG is one of the most respected system modelers out there. If they say they've done the best they could to approximate the flight characteristics of a 737, I'd believe them.Could somebody do a better job? It's possible (but not entirely likely). Maybe they could get turning to better approximate what you are expecting, but my intuition tells me that if they did, performance in some other area would suffer.As with the design of anything, there are compromises and choices to be made, and the answers to those compromises and choices depend on your priorities. If it's true that turning performance is not modelled well, my guess is that cruise, fuel consumption, takeoff and final approach performance had a higher priority for PMDG than turning performance had.I have heard time and again that turning is not well modeled in FS in regards to bank angle and time to turn, and that the problem still exists in FSX.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>I have heard time and again that turning is not well modeled>in FS in regards to bank angle and time to turn, and that the>problem still exists in FSX.>I heard that plenty of times too, a few years back...But everytime I'd try it, I was nailing the timed turn near perfectly.I think I was using the RealAir SF260, and possibly others.Too lazy to do it now. Just hit a button on the A/P for a 180 while watching the GPS to make sure it's correct. :-hah L.Adamson

Guest tomyokota

Dear Thomas ;Thank you very much for answering my question.As you said it must be very difficult to correct the problem.Probably changing aerodynamics is not good for the everyone.Since most of my interest is hand flying capability in low altitudeI will try to rewrite some of airfile for my sim only.Regards,Tomyokota