Sign in to follow this  
tcgeo

Trouble turning controllers on and off

I have these controllers: CH Flight Sim Yoke USB, CH pro pedals USB,& a Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2 USB joystick.Until now I had been using Rob Barendregt

By chance did you unplug your controllers from their original USB ports and plug the controllers back in into different USB ports?

Yes, I unplugged the Sidewinder from the rear of the computer and plugged it into one of the front ports.Thanks,George

You will have to reprogram your controller through FSX. The USB port makes a difference and is tied to the controller ID.How many instances of the sidewinder do you see available under FSX??If there are two you will need to choose the correct one in order to program it.In the future you should decide which USB ports your controllers will be plugged into. Always use the same ports and always attach the same device to the same port.

It only shows one instance of each controller within FSX.I moved the Sidewinder to the front when I first setup this multi-controller setup on December 11th. It was working like a charm.I just started having troubles with this on Dec 29. The only thing I've changed is my card driver.Thanks for your help on this.George