Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

Installing AI in FSX? Help!

I need help learning how to install AI aircraft and flightplans in FSX. I have the AIFP compiler but I don't know how to get the flightplans to go with the correct aircraft. Anyone have any detailed help? I am very new to this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to go to woai ( world of ai ) they have a FSX installer. Al the Ai at present are installed using FS9 standard, so whereever your Ai appear the default FSX wont. AIFPC is used to conert the FS9 palns to FSX standard so that they will run togeteher. Download the OAI installer. In you FSX Simpbjects folder create one called ai. Then in FSX config add the following.SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjectsAi under the [Main} section with the other simobjects path. In your addon scenery create a folder called ai and u subfolder called scenery so it wil be Addon Scenery/ai/scenery this is wher all your new flightplans will go. Download the airline modules from woai or pai ( pai are a little harder to do). Place them in a folder with the woai installer. I have the installer in a folder called woai anmd the airlinne packages in a subfolder called airlines. Start the woai installer. Select all the airlines you want, it does multiple installs at once. Whn it asks what target select FSX select the path to fsx , C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X, then select sub folder, SimObjectsAi. All your ai aircraft will now go in taht folder all your flighplan bgls will go into the scenery/world/scenery folder and will have to be moved. I do it this way makes it easy to backup and reinstall later. Once you have installed all your ai. copy all your flightplan bgs from the world scenery folder to the addon scenry/scenery folder. Now run aifpc, select the addonscenery scenry folder, you will need to create a folder somewhere for it to extarct all the flightplans to. again it will do them all in one hit. Once it has extracted all the flightplans rerun it, this time select the folder that you extracted all the flightplans to. select all the flightplans then make sure that you have FSX selected in compile to target, and converfs9 aiports to fsx ticked and renumber fs9 days to fsx tick. select output path to your addonscenry/ai/scenry folder, then compile overwriting the original files in your addonsceneryaiscenery folder. note thattrafficaircraft,trafficcarriers,trafficboats are al the original fsx bgls leave them where they are. now it should all work. havnt worked out the pai one yet.