Sign in to follow this  
Guest AlanEL

Alphasim F104 Starfighter

Does anyone have the FSX version?Any good?Thanks

Guest JIMJAM

Compared to the cloud9 104 its,ahhhh,uummmm, the best f104 for FSX there is.If you have bought a Alphasim you know what to expect or really not to expect.Seeing that Cloud9 is going through alot of changes, we may never see a FSX version.If you have flown the Cloud9 in FS9 then you might be dissapointed.I have kept FS9 on my HD just for the Cloud9 F-104,f4 and some of the other older jewels.BTW- There was a review here on Avsim not long ago on it.Cant say I agree with 3/4 of the reviews but to each his own.

An Alphasim aircraft any good? Well I guess it depends how you define good. I've tested the Alphasim F-104 and its not anything I would put money toward. It's a challenge to fly though, so if you are up for challenge you might enjoy it.You might be able to use the captain sim f-104 in FSX, but I do not know. I'm sure it beats the Alphasim in all categories, though the cloud9 beats the captain sim one.

Thanks for feedback guys - appreciated.you haven't tried 'porting' over the FS9 version into FSX then?

Guest jlwoodward

These comments are quite interesting. I bought the F86 from Alphasim and had high expectations from the screenshots. Although the exterior model is outstanding, they really dropped the ball on the VC. They left out essential switches so it is not possible to start the engine from the cockpit, and the layout of the VC does not look anything like their pop up panels. I don't like to complain publicly, but I posted these concerns in their forums and got no response.

Guest JIMJAM

With Alphasim you get both FS9 and FSX versions.Log in and in your downloads you will usually have both versions and a paintkit.I understand the Cloud9 CANNOT be ported and the CS I have no idea but have not heard of it.I own ALOT of ALphasim's planes. They are easy on the FPS, easy to jump into and lets face it, they have no real competition.Alpha actually builds whay customers want and fix em when broken.IMO however most are $20 planes.So lets say you have always loved and dream of flying the A6 intruder. Either pony up $50 to them or do without.

Guest AlanEL

Hi Everybody:I have the CS F-104 working in FSX Vista32 ATI x1900xt. First you have to add a line in your FSX.cfg:(Main)SimObjectPaths.6=aircraft, the 6 should be the next entry in order. It could be any number according to your system. Then point the CS installer or CD to the FSX root folder and install. There will be a new folder in your FSX called "aircraft". Do not move the CS F-104 to SimObjects/airplanes or it won't work IMO. This works for me but others may have other methods but it does work.Alan Lansitie