Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacobKoziarz

FSX on Dual Quad Core System ???

>>>>I'll get DDR3 when I go Nehalem, but until then I'm sticking>>with a $300 4.2Ghz E8500 w/ 900MHz 4-4-4-10 1T. If my board>>>>>>As a computer tech you should forget about the DRAM timing>FAB-4 and look more closely at the DRAM STATIC READ CONTROL>and TRANSACTION BOOSTER and their relation to CPU STRAP and>the FSB if your BIOS supports such features. Newer intel>processors respond to those settings being in harmony well>over lower DRAM timings.>>>;)I'm trying to understand your intent with these comments.

Guest Nick_N

>>>>>>I'll get DDR3 when I go Nehalem, but until then I'm>sticking>>>with a $300 4.2Ghz E8500 w/ 900MHz 4-4-4-10 1T. If my board>>>>>>>>>>>>As a computer tech you should forget about the DRAM timing>>FAB-4 and look more closely at the DRAM STATIC READ CONTROL>>and TRANSACTION BOOSTER and their relation to CPU STRAP and>>the FSB if your BIOS supports such features. Newer intel>>processors respond to those settings being in harmony well>>over lower DRAM timings.>>>>>>;)>>I'm trying to understand your intent with these comments. My intent was to help you "possibly" increase your system perfomance. Since you are a tech I thought my suggestions would have value because you would understand what I was talking about and could perhaps work with those settings to improve what you have without spending any more money.:)

>>My intent was to help you "possibly" increase your system>perfomance. Since you are a tech I thought my suggestions>would have value because you would understand what I was>talking about and could perhaps work with those settings to>improve what you have without spending any more money.>I could care less about those settings.

Guest Nick_N

Sorry I offered the information and bothered you with it.:(If you are ever in the mood to play with your clock, those are target areas to focus on with the processor you are running.

>>Sorry I offered the information and bothered you with it.>>Ok, I'll forgive you just this once. Lets not let it happen again though...

Guest Nick_N

>>>>Sorry I offered the information and bothered you with it.>>>>>>Ok, I'll forgive you just this once. Lets not let it happen>again though... LOL!OK, I won't