Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

I feel like a kangaroo...

Guest bluesky21

I installed Acceleration about two months ago. Before then, I had FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2. I experienced no problems whatsoever until I installed Acceleration.My problem is this-- when I am traveling at high speeds in a jet and I set simulation rate to either 8 or 16, the aircraft bounces like crazy, sometimes deviating 500 feet above and below my assigned altitude. Is there any way I can fix this problem? I've looked around the fsx.cfg but can find nothing that looks promising.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest bluesky21

2x and 4x are both fine. It's 8x and 16x that give me the trouble. (I don't fly at any rate above 16.)It only seems to happen with faster aircraft. For example, I can set the rate to 16 for a Cessna Grand Caravan and it's fine. If I do it for a King Air flying at about 250 KIAS, it bounces, but only a little. With jets on the other hand, the aircraft transforms into a massive pogo stick.

I dont know about this specific issue, but there are a lot of changes in how the sim handles things when the rate crosses from 4 to 8. AI still works at 4x, for instance, but does not at 8x.Certainly the step time at 8x might be causing sim calculation issues with the distance a faster aircraft flies in that step time, and thus the controls act wanky. I do not believe those high sim rates are meant to be fully flyable with realism and weather on the high end of the spectrum, and that makes sense if you think about it.So I would back off to 4 so all aircraft just work, and get the added bonus of the other aspects of the sim that continue to work at 4x.Or turn realism and weather down, so the sim calcuations don't have so much input variation to cope with at those step sizes/times.